Subject: are you talking? shut up richard.
Hello family. How are all of you? I’m doing good. We had a very good week this week. On Tuesday I ate so much food that I thought I would die. We went to the Matina’s house for dinner. They are a Samoan family. And they know how to cook and how to eat. Sister Matina made the best cup cakes I have ever had. They were soooo good. Than when we were done with dinner this other lady in the ward asked us to come over to have desserts. And I mean dessertsssss. She had like 10 different things to eat. So I didn’t have that much room for any more food. In thought I was going to die. We taught Sean again. He shows no feelings when we are teaching him. We can’t read him at all. The only way we find out how he feels is from the girl he likes that is a member. So we hope that we can take him to the visitor center in Independence. There he can watch the Joseph Smith movie and if he doesn’t feel something there he is dead. The family that we teaching him with say he shows a little more feelings when we leave. I don’t know what that means. Than the next day we taught this family that have been LA for ever and we finally got them to come to church for the last 4 weeks. So we think we got them to stay active now. But for the best part of the week we have a new investigator. Her name is Jennifer Green. it wasone of the funniest ways to find some one. So the story goes. I was on exchange with my DL and we were walking home. Then this lady pulls up and says “I know that this is part of your mission but would it be Ok if I gave you guys a ride. I watched the PBS thing on the Mormons?” than I said “is there an adult male in the car?” she replied “No but you guys can sit in the back seat and I even have a jacket to cover my legs.” She was wearing short shorts. So we that told her that we still couldn’t ride with her. So we gave her a card and she took it. Than we got a HQ referral for a lady who wanted Book of Mormon. So we go to see her and she opened the door and scared the carp out of Elder Call. Because she opened it before we got to it. We sat there and talked to her for 2 hours. She had taken the card and went the website and found so much info it was crazy. Than she came to church with her daughter. Who by the way is so flirty. She made comments and was sad that church was only 3 hours long. Elder Call and I both had to talk in church yesterday so we couldn’t sit with her for sacrament. But we had her sit with this sweet family in the ward and they just clicked. It was sweet. We are going to be teaching her again this Tuesday. She will be baptized soon! And for other things that happened this week the Horrocks baptized there oldest son and they asked me to come. So I got to go to that. Than there was a stake play that we got to go to. It was goofy but it was very good. It was the first lesson in a play form. Well that was about my week and I can’t think of anything else to write about so I will talk to you all later. I love you all and miss you all.
Love Elder Tyler Scoble



No comments:
Post a Comment