Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mon 8/30/10

Subject: i'm a movie star!!!!


Hello family. How are you? I’m doing good. So last week was a good week for us. One thing that we did this week was we went to see the family of one of the people I baptized here. We got to see them and one of there kids still hasn’t been baptized. So we were hoping that we could get them to come back to church so they could get him baptized. So I shared a short message to get them to start doing the small things to get them to come back to church. Than as we were leaving Jacob came up to me and said we need to set a date because I still want to get baptized. That made me sooo happy to hear that. So we are going to see them every week hopefully to get him baptized. One thing that happened to one of our investigators this week was he broke his foot. So that’s why he didn’t come to church last week. So we went by to give him a pie as a get better soon thing. He didn’t answer the door so we gave to his neighbors to give to him. I hope he gets it his neighbors are a little on the big side if you know what I mean. So we also got two new investigators this week. They are the Applegates. It’s a husband and a wife. She is a little more open to what we teach than he is. They have had a hard time. They lost a child and some other loved ones. So it’s been hard. We started to teach them about The Restoration and we felt it was better to teach The Plan of Salvation. It was good I just hope they got what they need to get out of it. One other thing that was super sweet. Was we took this less active member on a church tour just to get him in the building. So we taught him and at the end he started to bear his testimony so I then asked him if he would come to church and he did. It was so sweet. He hadn’t been to the church in sooo long. It was good. We went to a baptism this week for a child of record baptism. It was good there were nonmembers there and we got to show a short video. It was good. Than we did some service for this member who was moving from one part of our area to the other. We helped her nonmember friend move too. So we hope that we might get to teach her as well. We are still on for the baptism for Britney as far as I know. So she will be baptized on the 5th. So we also have transfers this week. I think one of us is going but I don’t know. So I can’t think of any thing else to write about so I will talk to you all later. I love you all and miss you all so much.

Love Elder Tyler Scoble

No comments:

Post a Comment