Monday, July 12, 2010

Mon 7/12/10

Subject: old guys can't drive.


Hello family. How are you all? I’m doing well. Things are still moving forward here. We had some interesting stuff happen this week. So we have been trying to get a hold of this referral forever his name is Chad Gray. So we saw him like 3 weeks ago but we hadn’t gotten a hold of him since then. There was a baptism 2 Saturdays ago and the member who knows him asked him to come to the baptism and he came. That was cool. Than we had dinner with this other member (he is the one who asked us to go see him) and he asked him to come to dinner. I guess that Chad has a thing for this member girl and she came to the dinner too. So we taught him the 2nd lesson. I don’t know if he got much out of it he wasn’t as involved as he should have been. Than we found out that he thinks that all organized religion is bad. But he was invited to go to church and he came. But I don’t think he got much out of it. I don’t think he is doing this for himself. We just need him to feel the spirit in a very strong way. I hope we can do that for him. Well that’s Chad. Than something else that happened this week that was different was we went to see this less active lady in this apt complex and while we were waiting for her to come down to the lobby where we were this older lady was like “Are you all Mormon?” and we said yes. Than she said “well where is your church?” so we told her were it is. Than she said “Well my grandson found one of your Mormon bibles and has been reading it and is interested in your church.” So than we gave her some stuff to give to him and she said well if your still here I’ll see if he wants to come down to talk to you. So we were like sweet! So then the lady we were waiting on came down and we had our appointment with her but in the middle Griffin (the grandson. He is 13) came down and gave us his phone# and said to call when we were done. So we did. And he and his grandma came down and we asked if we could start teaching him. And they said yes. So we started teaching him. Half way through the lesson our phone rang but we don’t answer our phone while we are teaching because it rude. But the person called 2 times. But we just kept teaching and just as we got to the restoration this lady came around the corner and said “Griffin lets go! I’m his mother and I have been calling you and you have no permission to be teaching my son!” like we knew that we didn’t have permission. We thought that the grandma would be the permission. So we don’t know if we are going to get to teach him again. I hope that we do. So that was the craziest thing that happened this week. On Saturday we went to a funeral for one of the counselors for prez Van Komen. He died from cancer. It killed him in 4 months. It was a very good funeral. One thing that was good I got to see Elder Call. I found out that he is going home at the end of this transfer. It’s sad to hear that but I just hope he gets better. Well I can’t think of any thing else to write about so I will talk to you all later. I love you all and miss you all.

Love Elder Tyler Scoble

No comments:

Post a Comment