Thursday, July 1, 2010

Mon 6/28/10

Subject: I have bad news. There is no such
thing as bad news. It's just news. Ty Long
has gotten out of jail.


Hello family. How are you? I’m doing so good. We had a very good week. So we taught Lee Kruger again this week. And she asked a lot of questions. So it takes up most of the time we have with her to answer her questions. But it’s still good. We are planning on moving her baptism date to some time in August. So we hope that will work out. She came to church this week too. She couldn’t stay for all of church but she said that next week she would stay for all of it. So that will be good. So we taught Kelvin this week also. We had a very good lesson with him. We read King Benjamin’s address. He loved it. He loved the idea of a king that work with and for the people. So at the end of the lesson he said “I want to step it up and have you guys come over again this week.” So I asked him to do me favor. And he said “let me guess you want me to come to church?” and I said yes. (The missionaries have been teaching him seen October and he had yet to go to church.) Than he said Ok I promise to come to church this week. So we got a team up to go with us to see him on our next appointment. So as we are driving to his house he calls me and say “I’m way to busy and I gets don’t have the time to see you guys today.” So I kept talking to him as we still were driving to his house. Than when he saw us he said “ok only 10 min.” so we got out and started talking to him and made sure he was going to be at church. So I wasn’t sure if he was going to come to church. But one of our team ups saw him in the parking lot and came and told us. So Elder Fleming went out to get him. So he finally came to church and he loved it! He asked us to play racquetball with him to day so we are going to call him and see if we can. I’m going to get him baptized. He knows the church is true. So that was one of the big things that happened this week. Anther thing that happened was we had an appointment with a less Active member. He wasn’t there. So we went to our next appointment early. We talked with brother Worthington outside for a little bit (who is also L.A.) and this lady walking down the road walked past us then turned around and asked “are you Jehovah’s witnesses” then we were like heck no. I’m j/k we didn’t say that. I wanted to. But we were like no we are LDS. And she asked if we had something to give her and we said yes we do. So if our other appointment would have been there we would have never met her. We haven’t seen her after that but she might join later in life. We don’t know but back to brother Worthington. He is deaf and can read lips but the out side of his house smelled so badly. We were glad that he wanted to talk to us outside. Than we had to ask about his kids and he was like come on in and meet them. His house was so scary. It was dark and there were all these animal cages and it smelled bad and there were and these people there. It was also super dirty. It wasn’t fun. But the other really good thing that happened this week was that we now have Cathy Hanson with a date. It’s in September but it’s better than nothing. She wants to move it forward but until we can find out about conmen law marriage we can’t move it forward. So we hope it will work out. One last thing we taught 23 lessons this week. That’s the most I have ever taught in one week. That was sweet. Well I can’t think of anything else to write about so I will talk to you all later. I love you all and miss you all!

Love Elder Tyler Scoble

P.S. did you get my package I sent?


No comments:

Post a Comment